Construction Notice of Commencement | Sample Form
Notice of Commencement
The notice of commencement is in affidavit form, a sample of which appears below. As protection for the owner and to mandate notice to owner of potential lien claimants, the Notice of Commencement must be prepared and filed before the construction project starts. This sample of a notice of commencement is a Florida document and each state will use something similar but it is best to use the exact format required by a particular state. Check with the state's building regulators or an attorney that practices in the state where you are building.
If you are borrowing money from a bank to build your project, it will require that you provide a copy of the recorded Notice of Commencement before it will begin allowing draws to be made.
Notice of Commencement (Sample)
for new residential construction
Prepared by and return to Tax Folio #
NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT
State of FLORIDA
THE UNDERSIGNED hereby gives notice that improvement will be made to certain real property, and in accordance with , Statutes, the following information is provided in this Notice of Commencement.
1. Description of Property: (Legal description and address) SEE ATTACHED EXHIBIT "A"
2. General description of improvements New home to be constructed
3. Owner information: a. Name and address: b. Interest in property: Fee Simple c. Name and address of fee simple title holder: See owner
4. Name and Address of Contractor:
5. Surety: a. Name and address: b. Amount of bond: $
Name and Address of Lender:
7. Persons within the State designated by Owner upon whom notices or other documents may be served as provided by Statutes. (Name and address)
8. In addition to himself, Owner designates of to receive a copy of the Lienor's Notice as provided in Statutes.
9. Expiration date of notice of commencement (the expiration date is 1 year from the date of recording unless a different date is specified): Borrower Date Borrower Date
Before me personally appeared , who is personally known to me or who has produced and acknowledged
before me that executed the same for the purpose therein expressed.
Witness my hand and official seal in the county and state aforesaid this day of ,20 .
Notary Public for the State of
My Commission expires:
Send mail to Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site. MoneySmart 2007-2017 All rights reserved